Monday, 5 September 2016

Sister Reynolds

When we came home from the hospital with Madelyn as a newborn over six months ago, this woman was at our doorstep with a bunch of Jamaican food. She is so awesome. She is in our church congregation, and her name is Monica Reynolds. She never tires of good works. Well, today being Labour Day, thought I would be lazy with cooking and we had ordered pizza for lunch.
 Then, randomly this sweet lady surprised us with dinner so I didn't have to cook at all today! Eating her food took me back a few months to a time when I was really struggling to make it through each day as new mom of two little ones, recovering from a blood and iron transfusion and trying to take care of grant and Maddie the best I could... Difficult but also sweet memories.  
She makes the best strawberry cheesecake! She's famous for her dense cornbread and "dirty" rice and chicken. I don't want to forget the sweet members of Mississuaga ward.

As shown in this pic, Maddie couldn't stop staring at her. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment